Charlotte County Divorce Lawyer
If you are going through or about to go through a divorce, as men, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Divorce tips for Men:
- Prepare yourself financially: Be honest about money. Don't spend money that you don't have; that will just cause your spouse to think you are hiding money.
- Be straight forward in your accounting and financial disclosures. This will save you money and stress in the long run. Make a post -divorce budget- factor in realistic costs of children and the household.
- It does not matter who files first or (usually) who cheats. There is no tactical advantage to filing the divorce or answering the divorce. Florida is no fault state; so unless one spouse can prove the other was dissipating marital assets on a relationship outside the marriage, the Judge usually does not want to hear about it.
- Take care of yourself: Statistics show that men are not immune from the stresses of divorce; it causes health problems, lowered self-esteem, and isolation. You can curb these with exercise, social activities, maintaining your sense of identity, & help from a counselor.
- Stick to your guns with the kids: You are just as much a parent as your wife. Most courts recognize that right unless you give it away. Stay involved, take your time with the kids and never give up your right to parent, help with homework, go to school functions and be a Dad!
At Bogle Law, our Charlotte County Divorce Lawyer can provide you with the legal skill and knowledge that you need to successfully navigate a divorce. Schedule a free, initial consultation and get started today!